Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mid-Read-A-Thon Meme

This is the Hour 12 mini-challenge, so I'm doing it. :)

1. What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. A big book to tackle, but it's very interesting so far.

2. How many books have you read so far?
I've finished 4 books, and am working on my 5th. You can read my reviews on my blog.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Honestly, I think I'm most looking forward to Flavor of the Week by Tucker Shaw. It's a short, 220 page love story. Those are my favorites. And the plot line reminds me a bit of the Disney movie being filmed at my school earlier this year.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Nah, I don't really ever have too much to do on a Saturday. However, I did give up my usual all-Saturday nap. Hopefully that won't have repurcussions later...

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Not really. Brother and sister running around, and especially my brother trying to show me his DS game, but I deal with those everyday. :)

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I'm surprised at how fast it's been going. I thought by now I'd be getting bored and wishing it was over.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not really. I'm having a ton of fun with it right now. I just wish I had this much time to read every day.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I would probably get more healthy food to eat; I'm worried about the crash I'm going to have from sugar.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Surprisingly, not really. Except now that you ask, I'm starting to feel a bit sleepy...

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Uh... not really. Move around a bit. That way you won't get bored, and you're burning calories. And if you're like me, and eating lots of chocolate or other things to stay awake, it's probably good for you. :)

And that's the end of this meme! I can't believe we're almost halfway done!

3 comments:

Eva said...

You've got a great page count going on! Sorry this is my first cheerleading visit: were you not in the list before? Anyway, keep up all that reading!

Care said...

Hi, I'm cheering you on! Keep having fun, -Care

Dewey said...

Ugh, sugar, I feel all sugared out, too. I'm eating a lot of fruit (ok and some chocolate) and it's just too much sweetness!

You're really getting through a lot of books!