Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hour 1 Mini Challenge

First mini challenge! And then back to reading!

Where are you reading from today? Home; probably move around a bit. I think
mum is going to be basically in the family room the whole time. I'll be coming back to the computer to blog, since I'm not lucky enough to have a laptop.

3 facts about me …
-I'm not a very good blogger. My mom convinced me to start a blog a long time ago, but I've never kept up with it very well. So hopefully I'll do okay for the next 24 hours. I worry that with my slow blogging skills, I'll spend more time blogging than reading!
-I like music. A lot. Okay, that's an understatement. I play several instruments, although clarinet is the only one I play really well. I like to write music, as well.
-I'm participating in this Read-A-Thon with my mom! Kind of fun, really. She hopes that we'll be able to keep each other up at night. Might help. :)

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? I have 12 books (4 of which are audio) that we picked up from the library yesterday, plus 1 that I started yesterday, plus one signed copy of The Host. Some of them are rather short, and some of them are of an average length. Somehow, I don't think I'll run out of things to read any time soon...

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I made an official goal in my last post to read 5 books. I'd actually not thought about a goal for blogging, so here it is: I'd also like to leave 25ish comments on others' blogs. This is probably going to be the hardest part for me.

Any advice for people doing this for the first time? I didn't do it last year, but mom did. From what I heard from her, it's better to start small at first and keep some short books for the end when you're too tired to focus on a long one.

I'm way excited for this!

3 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i'm so glad that dad is letting you do this with me! :)

are we going to listen to some music while we read?

Anonymous said...

Just have fun with it! I'm cheering you on, -CAre

Kristi said...

It's so cool that you and your mom are doing this together! Good luck. I'll come back later to see how your doing it. And Care is right, just have fun!!