Saturday, October 12, 2013

Introductory Questionaire

...And we're off! It's time to start reading, but first a few questions:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
A little apartment in the grand state of Utah!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Hm. Many of them, but probably either Accel World volume 4 or The House of Hades, which I saved specifically for today.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I'm hitting up the store with an audiobook later this morning, so it'll depend on what I feel like! My lovely mother, who is also participating today, gave me a large Symphony bar, so that'll be good.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I just graduated from college with a BA in music, but I also love web design and illustration. Basically anything that tells a story gets an A+ in my book, no matter what medium was used. Books were definitely my first love, though, and I'm excited to spend some time with them today.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
My last read-a-Thon was in June 2008. I finally am free on the Saturday of the event, so I'm back! Surprisingly, not much has changed. This year I'm going to try to eat more healthy food and set some slightly higher goals. Whatever happens, I'm just happy to be here!

And now, for this year's goals!
Books read: I'm aiming for 10. Might be crazy, but since I have about 20 on my stack (both physical and digital), I might as well set my sights high!
Challenges done: I'll also aim for 10. If I can do more, great! If not, 10 seems pretty good.
Comments left for others: We'll stick with last time's goal of 25. Seems like a nice number. Challenges don't count toward this number.
Miles biked: I'm going to fit in some exercise today. 20 miles on a stationary bike while reading should do it.

Okay, time to start reading! Updates should be posted every hour, so stick around!

-----
For more liveblogging fun, feel free to follow me on Twitter. #readathon

No comments: