Saturday, October 18, 2014

Read-A-Thon Opening Meme

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Salt Lake City, UT!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Ugh, I don't even know. They're all so different and so good in different ways. Here's a quick sample for those who are curious:

  • Leviathan, by Scott Westerfeld
  • The House of Hades, by Rick Riordan
  • Accel World, by Reki Kawahara
  • Hyperbole and a Half, by Allie Brosh
  • Princess of Tennis, by Jamie Lynn Lano
  • Nisekoi, by Naoshi Komi
  • ハイキュー!!, by Haruichi Furudate
  • A couple Voltage Inc. visual novels

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
No clue. I'm gonna try to not eat too much, since the lack of sleep/sitting around can easily lend itself to weight gain. I have a triathlon coming up, after all... That said, I always like the part of the day where I go sit at a cafe for a while to get a change of scenery. Hot chocolate makes me happy.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Hi! I'm Elisabeth! I'm an artist and musician who believes that the best inspiration comes from being well-read. I'll be moving to Japan next year, so this is my last read-a-thon in my home country. Hope it goes well!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Today is going to be rather strange. Most years I've been able to avoid most of my duties for the day, but this year I have work, triathlon training, some editing to do, and a lot of art to catch up on. I'll be utilizing lots of graphic novels and short fun reads to try to fill in the gaps when possible and audiobooks for when I need my hands and eyes free for other things. My reading activity may be down a bit, but it should still be fun! I haven't gotten to do much for-fun reading over the last few years, so it's nice to dedicate ANY time to it, even if I can't quite do the full 24-hours.

Oh, and I'll be hosting a mini-challenge! Look forward to it!

----- For more liveblogging fun, feel free to follow me on Twitter. #readathon

1 comment: