Saturday, October 18, 2014

Read-A-Thon Goals

This year's a bit wacky, so I'm revamping my goals somewhat. We'll see how they go.

Total things read: 10
Books read: 4 (As in, actual wordy literature-type books--though light novels count! I won't be doing as many of these as I've attempted in past years, so this will be a good place to start.)
Manga read: 3
Manga read in Japanese: 1
Visual novel routes read: 2 (They take longer than I think they will every time! So wordy...)

Since I'm moving to Japan soon, I'm working hard on my language skills. That's why I'm going to try to finish a book in Japanese. A graphic novel type of book, but a book nonetheless.

Also, because I know some people will ask, a visual novel is a type of wordy game. I tend to describe the ones I play as chick-lit with pretty pictures that you get to make choices in. Basically, it's in first person and you read all the dialogue and choose options to change the outcome of the story, like a choose-your-own-adventure book from way back in the day. But cuter.

I'll also be trying to accomplish these things:
Challenges completed: 10 (unchanged from last year)
Comments left: 10 (though I'll be tweeting up a storm; maybe at you!)

----- For more liveblogging fun, feel free to follow me on Twitter. #readathon

No comments: